Change in Status
Life happens, and sometimes you need to make changes to your benefits outside of the initial enrolment period. If you experience a Qualifying Life Event, as defined below, you have 30 days to make changes to your benefits and the change in status must be consistent with the life event.
Request a Change in Status
To request changes to your benefits outside of the initial enrolment period, submit your Qualifying Life Event form in Workday as soon as possible and within 30 days of the life event to avoid paying retroactive premiums.
Qualifying Life Events
- Change in employment status, such as moving from part-time to full-time (30 days to enrol)
- Birth, adoption, or death of a child, causing a change in coverage status
- Divorce/legal separation
- Eligibility of a common-law spouse, when the 12-month cohabitation requirement has been satisfied
- Gain/loss of Extended Health and/or Dental benefit coverage for you or a dependant
- Death of a family member
- Adding or removing eligible dependants for Extended Health and Dental benefits